Why voice-picking again?
- Increased productivity. Hands and eyes are truly free, so employees can better concentrate on completing tasks.
- Better quality. Every action is confirmed and then validated by a voice command. Acting more accurately is almost impossible. In any case, quality checks can be carried out less frequently, which in turn saves time.
- Optimized process costs. Paperless processes, higher productivity and a reduced error rate naturally lead to lower costs and a quick return on investment (ROI). Don’t forget the increased satisfaction of your customers thanks to the improved delivery process.
- Satisfaction and acceptance. The ease of use and clearly improved work results naturally make it much more enjoyable for your employees as well.
- Increased safety. Hands-free work and the unobstructed view also mean safer work. In numerous studies we can read that more safety can bring many benefits.
More then order picking
What has surprised us so much lately is that “Voice” has already become almost synonymous with voice-picking. And yet there are so many other possibilities for using this technology to improve processes in the supply chain. Here are a few:
- Goods recept
- Cross docking
- Stock replenishment
- Quality control
- Safety checks
- Mainenance & repair
And that’s not even all. Voice technology can be used in many areas of the distribution center. Have we got you thinking yet?